- Entering the country on the basis of a passport or an ID
- It is not obligatory to have a visa (for a stay shorter than 90 days)
Norwegian kroner (abbrebiations: kr, NOK)
- 1 kr = 100 öre
- banknotes: 50, 100, 500, 1000 kr
- coins: 50 öre, 1, 5, 10 kr
- Usually open on week days from 8.15 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
- Many bigger banks are also open on Saturdays. On Sundays banks are closed.
- Mon. - Fri. 9:00-16:00/17:00
- Sat. do 18:00/20:00,
- Sun. 9:00-13:00/15:00
- Hotels - prices may be high, however in the summer and at the weekends there are various promotions and discounts. Rooms have a very high standard, and what is more, a large breakfast is always included in the price.
- Inns and private rooms - intimate, comfortable inns are located usually in larger cities. Their prices vary from 350 to 450 NOK for a single room and 450-550 for a double. Private rooms have more attractive prices. The price for a double is about 250-350 NOK.
- Youth hostels - are kept at a high standard, average price for a place is usually 200-300 NOK.
Post offices are generally open:
- On week days: 8.00-16.00,
- On Saturdays: 9.00-13.00.
- The lights must be on 24 hours a day
- All passengers must fasten their seat belts
- Legally acceptable amount of alcohol in blood is 0.2 parts per thousand
- Residential area - 50 km/h
- Undeveloped area - 80 km/h
- highway- 90 km/h
Prices of fuel:
- petrol 95 - about 15,68 NOK
- Diesel - about 14,24 NOK
RETURN TO TOP