COVID-19 announcemments Unity Line - LIVE
Due to dynamic developments of the situation in Poland and a number of enquiries from our customers, we created a special subpage where you can find latest updates on actions taken on our ferries connected with the spread of the coronavirus.
1. Our Information and Booking Service is at your disposal this week in accordance with the schedule below:
- Monday – Friday from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
- Saturday from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm
Given a large number of phone calls, we are not able to respond to each and every one of you, that is why we present all the up-to-date and reliable information in chronological order - starting from the latest information.
2. Please do not follow so-called “fake news”. This subpage and push notifications in our weather alert are the only up-to-date and reliable information on the functioning of our ferry lines in the current situation.
We are pleased to announce that from 30.06.2020 the service of vehicles without drivers has been resumed.
On the night of 12-13 June, Poland restores border traffic within the internal borders of the European Union. Since then, the services present at the border will carry out random checks. Just as it was before the coronavirus pandemic and the introduction of border restrictions in Poland.
Freedom of travelling
This means that starting from Saturday 13 June, it will be possible to travel freely and cross the internal borders of the European Union. The travellers will have the right to enter, leave and transit freely through the territory of the Republic of Poland. They will not have to undergo quarantine. Neighbouring countries have already been informed about this decision. This gives them time to prepare for changes.
As of May 16 there is no compulsory quarantine after crossing the border of the Republic of Poland constituting an internal border
- for professional, business or economic purposes in Poland or in the EU and the EEA countries (NORWAY)
- people who leave Poland to study in a neighbouring country (or come to Poland for studies from a neighbouring country) including children and students’ guardians
- Internal border controls have been extended until June 12.
- Checks will be carried out at seaports and airports.
- Restrictions on foreigners entering Poland remain unchanged.
- From 12/05/2020 there is no obligation to buy a seat in the cabin during a day crossing.
- The obligation to buy a seat in the cabin during a night crossing remains effective until 31/05/2020.
As of May 4 there will be no compulsory quarantine after crossing the border of the Republic of Poland (constituting an internal border) for professional, business, economic or educational purposes in Poland or a neighboring country. The new rule does not apply to persons practicing medical profession and employed in social welfare centers.
Persons crossing the border with Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, Sweden and Denmark will be exempted from the compulsory quarantine.
Crossing the border for professional, business, economic or educational purposes in Poland or a neighboring country should be documented and produced to a Border Guard officer during the border check.
The obligation to purchase a seat in the cabin during day and night crossing is extended until 31.05.2020.
In connection with introduction of new regulations in order to prevent spreading epidemic of the coronavirus – compulsory covering mouth and nose in public places (since 16.04.2020) – please equip your drivers with protective measures. We look forward to your cooperation in these difficult to all circumstances.
According to the information of the Ministry of Health of April 9,
current restrictions on the functioning of society will be extended until April 19, 2020:
- From April 16, face and nose coverings are compulsory when walking in public.
- An obligation to maintain at least a 2-meter distance between people in a public space, stores etc. extended until April 19
- Borders will remain closed until May 3
Once again we address your attention and appeal to choose our service consciously and inform drivers about the conditions that they may encounter during sea travel. Furthermore, please consider more flexible approach regarding bookings and try to book on less occupied departures. Our booking team is ready to suggest you another departures in order to avoid peak ones.
In connection with epidemic of the coronavirus, our company has taken a number of actions to prevent its spread, but we are not able to guarantee your drivers on all ferries single cabins. Of course, we try to allocate them as far as possible and the availability of places.
We look forward to your cooperation in these difficult to all circumstances.
We would like to inform you that from 30 March 2020, 00:00 the obligation to collect location forms when crossing the border of the Republic of Poland came to an end. Therefore, the Border Guard ceases to collect location forms. The above does not affect the obligation to carry out sanitary control, including temperature measurement and procedure in the event of suspected COVID-19 infection and to carry out activities related to checking the identity and documents of persons crossing the border as part of the Temporary Restoration of Border Control.
Automatic quarantine for relatives in quarantine (April 1,2020)
The list of people who are subject to compulsory home quarantine has been extended. It applies to everyone residing with the person sent to quarantine. Effective from Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
EXAMPLE: If one of your household members (flatmates) will be quarantined from April 1, 2020 because of coming back from abroad, or direct contact with an infected person – you also need to stay in quarantine.
Compulsory cabin for every passenger
For your safety and to prevent the spread of coronavirus, please reserve a seat in the cabin for each passenger during day and night crossings. Effective until 30/04/2020
According to the Regulation of the Minister of Health on the announcement of the state of the epidemic in the territory of the Republic of Poland, as amended on 24.03.2020:
From the 27 March 2020, a person crossing the border of the Republic of Poland as part of performing professional activities in the Republic of Poland or in neighboring country may receive, upon the request, a certificate of compulsory quarantine from the competent body of Chief Sanitary Inspectorate.
The ban on movement:
From 25 March 2020 to 11 April 2020 movement of persons was banned, except:
- performing professional activities or business tasks, or non-agricultural economic activity, or conducting agricultural activity or work on a farm, and the purchase of goods and services related thereto.
- meeting essential needs of everyday life including: health and psychological treatment, purchase of goods and services related. For the moving person or their loved one living at the same residence
- providing voluntary and unpaid services to counteract the effects of COVID-19, including volunteering;
- performing or participating in the religious ceremonies, including religious activities or rites.
Within the above mentioned exceptions:
- a maximum of two people may move on foot together at a distance of no shorter than 1.5 m from each other (this does not apply to relatives)
- people, in the number of no more than half of the amount of seats, can use public transport at the same time
- there is no limit on cars or other means of transport other than public transport.
Due to the progressive epidemic of coronavirus, in the interests of the health and safety of port workers and your drivers, we suspend all transports of cars without a driver.
The above decision does not apply to the transport of trailers, which will be handled as usual.
In connection with the outbreak of the coronavirus, our company has taken a number of actions to prevent its spread, but we are not able to guarantee your drivers single-berth cabins on all ferries. If possible, we will allocate cabins depending on availability of places.
Please consciously choose our service and inform drivers about the conditions that they may encounter during sea travel.
We look forward to your cooperation in these difficult circumstances.
In connection with the need to minimize the spread of threat, from this day on, from 11.00 p.m., every truck driver is obliged to report a completed stowage and cargo securing declaration to the check-in office. We allow the forwarder to complete the declaration. An electronically sent declaration will be honored only if all fields are completed correctly. In the subject of the message, enter the vehicle's registration numbers.
In addition, we would like to inform you that from today on, up to 4 people may stay in the waiting area for drivers. Other customers are asked to stand in front of the office. While waiting, please take precautions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ladies and gentlemen! External borders of the European Union (including Sweden) are closed for the period of 30 days, with the possibility of extension. The restrictions does not apply to EU citizens, their relatives, persons with EU permanent residence cards, health care professionals, and researchers. Additionally, to ensure the flow of goods to the countries of the European Union, the restrictions will not apply to drivers transporting goods.
In the interest of epidemiological safety of our Travelers, by decision of the management of the Unity Line Company, from March 18, 2020 (Wednesday) from 4:00 a.m., passenger traffic services on the CARGO line will be suspended.
All passenger traffic will be redirected to m/f Polonia and m/f Skania ferries going to/from Ystad.
In order to increase safety of our drivers and passengers, additional procedures have been introduced on all the ferries:
- sanitary inspection in the form of measurement of the body temperature before entering the ferry and collecting completed information card, passed to the competent border and sanitary authorities,
- the number of passengers and drivers in the restaurants has been reduced to 45 persons at a time,
- the number of persons doing shopping on the board has been limited,
- frequency of disinfection of smooth surfaces has been increased
- containers with disinfecting liquid has been disposed in various places,
- whenever possible, drivers and passengers will be allocated in the cabin individually, or in smaller groups after payment for the fare and the cabin.
We would like to assure you that safety of our travelers, the crew on our ferries, and the ground staff, is our top priority.
At the same time, we would like to inform you that at the moment ferries operate on the same terms and according to the timetables.
Who is not banned from entering Poland?
- citizens of the Republic of Poland
- foreigners who are spouses or children of citizens of the Republic of Poland or remain under permanent care of citizens of the Republic of Poland
- holders of the Pole’s Card
- persons who have the right of permanent or temporary residence in the Republic of Poland or a work permit
- in particularly justified cases which have not been listed above, the commanding officer of a Border Guard outpost, upon authorization of the Commander-in-Chief of the Polish Border Guard, can allow a foreigner to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland
- foreigners driving a vehicle intended for transporting goods.
The compulsory quarantine does not apply to:
- persons from near-border areas who live in Poland, but work every day in the neighbouring country and regularly cross the border;
- foreign citizens who live in the neighbouring country, but work in Poland and regularly cross the border;
- professional freight and passenger transport drivers performing their duties.
At midnight on March 15, 2020 (Saturday to Sunday night), Poland introduces new restrictions on passenger traffic at the borders in connection with preventing the spread of coronavirus. Passengers, Polish citizens, who are presently abroad can return to their homeland. After crossing the border, each of them will be registered and tested. They will also undergo a compulsory 14-day home quarantine
Temporary ban on entry to Poland applies to foreign citizens.
This situation will be effective from Sunday 15.03.2020 for the next 10 days. This period may be extended.
Unity Line ferries operate today according to the timetable. Cargo traffic is taking place as usual.
* Due to the threat of the COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic, the Polish Maritime Administration decided to introduce a PASSENGER INFORMATION SHEET in Unity Line ferries. All passengers traveling by ferry from Sweden to Świnoujście are asked to fill out this form in detail. Providing the required information will allow contacting you in the event of a suspected potential threat arising from the spread of an infectious disease. Your details will be secured in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act and used only to protect public health by authorized state services. In the case of children, an adult guardian fills out the sheet.
The PASSENGER INFORMATION SHEET can be obtained at the Ferry Terminal service in Sweden, or printed from our website, from the Information tab.
- the measurement of the body temperature of all the passengers entering the ferry was introduced- both in Sweden and Poland.
* Please note that from 13 March 2020 until cancellation there is no obligation to pay for the reservation within 7 days.
*Please note that from 12-25 March 2020 Information and Booking Service will be open from 8:00 to 16:00 (Monday - Friday). On Saturday,14 March 2020, until 16:00.